Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

How to reduce fluid across forehead due to indented area caused by a fall?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I have an endented area on my forehead caused by the corner of a box falling on my forehead about 3 years ago. Since then there has been a slow drainage from that area, causing sweling along my forehead. At first it was absorbed fairly well. It now forces fluid across my entire forehead until the pressure finally forces it to "drain" down the sides of my forehead area. The pressure of this sweling is now constant with increasing paiin because the drainage is faster then absorption. My GP says nothing can be done. The plastic surgeon on my insurance does only reconstruction. Where do I go now? XXXX 84 years old. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Opinion of neurosurgeon important. Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I do think the most important thing to know about your health condition at this point is getting an exact diagnosis. It is important and compelling to get a Brain Ct scan done, in case you have not done one yet. What you describe could be that the trauma caused a leakage of cerebrospinal fluid into neighboring structures, or this could be blood, or persistence of a fracture line that could require repair. With the results of a CT scan and a proper clinical evaluation is important. The opinion of neurosurgeon in my opinion is compelling. Thanks and kind regards. Please, feel free asking further questions in case of need. I would be glad to offer any suggestions in case of need. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor