Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

How to maintain erection with pinched nerve in back?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2688 Questions
I believe I have a pinched nerve in my back that is causing me to have erectile dysfunction. I have had multiple girlfriend in the past with no issues for many years, but about 9 months ago I hurt my back and ever since then I have had issues keeping an erection for a sustained amount of time. When I hurt my back I couldn't even put my own shoes on and had to have a roommate help me. But the pain subsided and I went on without doctors help because I have no health insurance. Do you think something is really wrong width me? Or is it just mental incompetence? and I am only 27 can you please help? My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No neural damage. Easy to cure by therapy Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your problem. The difficulty in maintaining the erection is not due to your back problem. The back problem you had following a hurt has something to do with muscles, ligaments or rarely due to bony part and not due to the neural part. If it is concerned with nerves then your parts below the injury totally could not be used and paralyzed. You can not walk, control urinary bladder and bowel. If the nerves affected then there will not be erection at all, no movements. Yours as you told that you are not able to sustain your erection. It is totally due to your psychological depression following your previous failure or some sort of difficult experience you had or may be due to your misconception about your sexual attitude or some guilt complex. So your nerves had not been damaged. If you meet a sexologist he will be able to analyze your problem and clear your problem with psycho-sexual therapy and appropriate medicines. You are just 29. It will be easy to solve your problem. Nothing to worry. Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor