Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

How to increase physical growth in my child suffering from infection and swelling in eyelid and face?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
my son "Mayukh" is 7 years old he is suffering from infection ( cough & cold ) swelling of face and eyelid at an regular interval, it is also apprehended that his physical growth is not upto mark but mentally he is very active please suggest what should i do.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Look for any allergy. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Frequent cold and cough at regular intervals along with swelling of face and eyelids could be due to a seasonal allergic manifestation or due to some food allergy. Observe carefully for such an allergy by noting down the onset of symptoms in relation to exposure to seasons, foods, and common allergens such as cold air, dust, pet animals, and plants. If you find any predisposing allergic factor, try to avoid it by taking precautions. And encourage the child to maintain a good hand hygiene by washing with a liquid soap. Coming to his physical growth, if you provide his present weight and height, it is more helpful for me to compare these details with the use of growth charts. Give him a well balanced home made diet and you can add edible oil or ghee to make the food items more calorie dense. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor