• question-icon

How to identify Bisoprolol fumarate and Hydrochlorothiazide?

Posted on Tue, 13 May 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Yes. I am takking bisoprolol hydrocl... dosage 5.625mg once daily. I was just browsing on Web MD and looked at visual images of this drug. My pills are round, blue, with the imprint of M on one side and 503 on the other side. This does not match the visuals I saw for this same medication. Can you clarify for me? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: It is the right edication! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. The pill with imprints 503 M is Bisoprolol fumarate and hydrochlorothiazide 5 mg / 6.25 mg. Pills would not always have the same physical features(visuals) as they are produced by several different pharmaceutical companies and the size/shape/color/imprints, etc may all differ depending on the preferences of the individual manufacturers. You should not be bothered by this as you are simply taking a different pill from what webMD has uploaded though the exact same pill. Check around and you would notice that Acetaminophen is not always the exact same shape, size, colour, imprints, etc. I hope this helps and puts your mind at ease. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Feel free to ask for clarification and more information if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah