How to get relief from frequent cough?

Dr. E Venkata Ramana

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: i am getting cough reguraly
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 33 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your query,

Frequent cough without other symptoms may be allergies. The other cause of regular cough may be due to broncho spasm associated with hyper reactive airways.

Though one cause use cough syrup with bronchodilator / expectorant like Ascoril in prescribed dosage to reduce cough bouts along with steam inhalation, we need to identify the cause to plan a complete treatment. Therefore I suggest you to consult a chest physician for evaluation. He/she can investigate and rule out allergy / hyper reactive airways.

In the interim, avoid exposure to smoke, pollution, plants and pollen, animals, dust, etc., - as these will precipitate cough in prone people.

Hope I have answered you query. If you have any clarification kindly let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad