Baby having dry cough. Suggest remedy

Posted on Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Question: My 6 month baby has dry cough. Please suggest a remedy.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
relax.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern.

For dry cough I suggest you to do following:
-give steam inhalation
-give warm water to drink as this will be soothing.
-also look if there is any blockage of nose for which saline nasal drops can be given.
-regarding medication I suggest you to get your baby examined by pediatrician as auscultation of chest is important to look for type of cough and any associated symptom.

In case of dry cough syrup having dextomethorphen and antiallergic is given 2ml thrice a day.

Hope I have answered your query,in case you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless..
Dr. Synthyia Bhagat

Pediatrician