question-icon

How long does marijuana stay in the system?

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016
Question: My Frnd's age 28. He started smoking marijuana from last 3 months. He got tested for drugs at his office last month(when he was smoking daily) and they found that he is on drugs.

His employer is asking him to undergo Hair test and requested to bring a hair piece tomorrow while coming to office. Please note that he stopped smoking weed from past 8 days.

What are the chances that he could be tested positive again?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It can be detected upto three months

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

There is good chances of coming positive on hair test as through this cannabis can be detected upto three months from the last use. Since he stopped only eight days back it is highly likely that he will be tested positive gain.

I hope this answers your question.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar (9 minutes later)
Is there any other way to get out of this??
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I am sorry

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry to inform you that there is no other way around and only option is to face consequences of cannabis abuse.

Most of the companies pardon the first time offenders if they feel that it is going to be last time. So try to convince authorities by words as well as action (accepting rehabilitation).

I hope this helps your friend.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist