How long does lasixis 40 mg take to get out of system?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: How long before 40 mg of lasixis out ofmy system
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

It takes up to 24 hours for Lasix complete elimination, however the most of it (from 70-97%) is eliminated in the first 4 hours.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Furosemide

I have chronic swelling of the ankles, am 39 years old, and have seen my family doctor to rule out any worrisome causes. It seems hereditary, as my mum and grandma had the same. Is there any long-term risk to my kidneys by taking 20-40 mg of Lasix each morning to reduce the fluid retention in my lower legs and ankles?

I am taking duromine along with lasix and slow k, as part of a weight loss program. I have been doing so for Nearly 3 weeks and last week I noticed all of a sudden that I was losing hair. I already have a receding hairline and know that my hair won't last forever but my hair is usually thick, now I can see through to the scalp, it is thinning quite fast. Iam also under a bit of stress at work, but I'm not sure if something else apart from the stress is causing the rapid loss or whether it is the medication? Can you please advise?
Thank you.

My son has end stage livermdiease saturday hie testles both are like grapefruits he can hardley walk should he go to er or call liver doctor his kidneys are at risk with the water pills neeed to be watched very carefuly !talked to doc last nitte he recommened to increase his Lasix 80mg. he useally tahe 60mg plus 100mg oAleltone water pill In the last 8hrs no change !

My wife was just prescribed ABILIFY, it does not say what other drug interactions? She takes many other drugs? It does not list the drug interactions She takes Lisinopril,Levothyroxin, Furosemide, Tizanidine, Fluoxetine, Klonipin, Pravastatin & OTC Green Coffee Bean.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

I take medication and cannot take pills so I cruch them and put them in water and wait til they dissolve then drink it my medication list is metoprolol tartrate 50 mg I daily.i also take metformin hcl 1000 mg 1/2 tablet twice a day lisinopril 10...

I am 81 years old, male and have been taking diuretics ( furosemide 40mg twice per day for a number of years to control conjestive heart failure . I take klorcon potassium supplement 10 mg x 2 at 9pm daily. Lately it seems that I may need more...