How long does it take to feel better with pneumonia?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: How long can pneumonia last?Fevers normal. Coughing down to a very minimum. Drinking plenty of liquids coupled with taking guaifenesin to brake up phlegm. Problem is: I'm experiencing some residual fatigue. Is this typical for a few days, after you have been through the worst?
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no worries

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

Common pneumonia usually might last for the average of two weeks but it depends on the causative agents. There are some kind of pneumonia that last for a month.

However in your case you are improving from pneumonia but it is common that a fatigue might lasts for a while after the improvement of clinical symptoms.

Don't worry so much with the passing time you will feel better. Continue with the liquids and try to stay at home until full recovery.
Taking Vitami C orally for three months help your organism to be more strong from the infections.
Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T