How long does eye inflammation take to resolve?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Thu, 7 Jul 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: How can eye inflammation be cured?how long will it take? Does his effect my eye vision?

How to know whether the inflammation in anterior or intermediate?will the eye drops cause blurred vision
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Conjunctivitis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health care magic,
you can be specific with your symptoms, is your eyes red? if yes then weather only the white part of your eye is red or even the cornea is involved?
Are the eyes watering or any discharge is coming out of eye?
if it's only redness and watering then it would probably be a conjunctivitis, don't have to worry about it. if i would be your treating doctor i would prescribe you CIPLOX D eye drops 2 drops in each eye for every 4 hours for at least 3 days. this condition will resolve with in a week. This medicine is available on prescription by your doctor.
2) You'll have to be put on the dilating drops for checking your eyes, which will cause blurred vision for 12 to 24 hours.
Hope the information is helpful to you,
if any further query please feel free to get back with us.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 3 hours later
I have already consulted a doctor.first the doctor has diagnosed it as conjunctivitis and the prescribed drops were used for a week.Later on the doctor has diagnosed it as eye inflammation.The eye is red without any watering but with blurred vision.Predmet drops,Homide and Nevanac drops are being used right now.i would like to know the effect of inflation on vision and how long does will it take to be cured completely.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Continue the medication

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,
If the inflammation is troubling your eyes then it should be of a concern. Again you should be specific about the part of the eyes which is inflamed. Is it cornea retina etc.. The medicines give by you are of right choice, continue using it till prescribed. If the inflammation is not severe then the vision will be better in 10 days. If vision is not getting better soon then you'll have to get the swab for culture.
Hope you are convinced. Any further queries do get back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina