What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
One week ago I was started on doxycycline 100mg, maxitrol eye ointmeny (applied at night before sleep, and warm, moist eye compresses.
No improvement in my condition.
Thanks for choosing Health Care Magic for your query!
Pain reddening irritation itching and sensitivity of light is very common in most of the patients and may persist up to 3 months post surgery. It's also a common experience to encounter increased eye sensitivity irritation and a small amount of fluid discharge after cataract surgery..
Cataract surgery recovery time is considered to be approximately eight to twelve weeks.Though in Elderly patients, often the recovery time is usually longer then normal.
Your opthalmologist prescribed you an anti inflammatory, an analgesic, a antihistaminic eye drops lotemox, pazeo, nevanac) along with them, a broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefixime should be taken and oral antihistaminic and anti inflammatory medicine should be taken for a few days more Please discuss this with your opthalmologist and get them prescribed .
If the condition is not improving with these drugs, then a swab culture from the eye should be taken to rule out infection by bacteria.
Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Infected eye after cataract surgery
- What causes bleeding of eye after cataract surgery
- Burning eyes after cataract surgery
- Eye exam after cataract surgery
- Eye pain after cataract surgery
- Fluttering in eye after cataract surgery
- Spot on eye after cataract surgery
- Inflamed eye after cataract surgery
- What is the cure for watery eyes after cataract surgery
- Eye smaller after cataract surgery
- What is the recovery period after cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for presence of floaters in vision
- Suggest treatment for myopia in a child
- Is surgery advisable for scar tissues behind the eye?
- What causes irritation in the eyes after cataract surgery?
- What causes floaters in the field of vision post cataract surgery?
- Suggest treatment for transient ischemic attack
- Suggest treatment for strabismus
- What causes swelling and redness in the eyes?
- What causes watery eyes after cataract surgery?