How long does Carbon monoxide remain in the system?
CO time to leave body
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Carbon monoxide binds to hemoglobin 200 times more strongly than oxygen , does.
In room air CO has a half life of 4 to 6 hours. If 100 percent or hyperbaric oxygen is administered then its markedly reduced and is gotten rid off , quickly.
Yes, it does affect the lungs, CNS and the heart and can lead to severe hypoxia.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How long will anxiety medicines remain in the system
- How long do beater blockers remain in your system
- How long lithium carbonate stay in system
- How long does percocet and vicodin remain in the system
- How long crestor remain in body
- How long does roxicodone remain in the system
- Carbon monoxide poisning how to treat it
- How long does lithobid carbonate stay in your system
- Long-term effects carbon monoxide
- How long does arip mt remain in the system