How long before I can return to regular activities after

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Mar 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: How long before I can return to regular activities after 3 stents were put in one heart artery via my wrist? The surgery was done last Monday. I stayed overnight in the hospital and was sent home the next day before noon. I usually have 4 exercise classes per week and I play horn in a group that has a concert April 7-8. My follow-up appointment with the Cardiologist is this coming Friday. I've been experiencing dizziness but have slept soundly except for one wakeful night.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I understand your concern and would explain that you can return to your usual daily activity one week after the stent procedure, especially considering the fact that you have not had any myocardial infarction.

There is no need for long time recovery.

I would just recommend to closely monitor your blood pressure values.

Hope you will find this answer helpful! Let me know if I can assist you further.

Wishing all the best,

Dr.Iliri

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee