How is a thyroid profile test taken?
NO need for fasting state!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
There is no need for any special preparations. This test can be done at anytime irrespective of whether the patient has eaten or not. The results are in no way affected and are fully valid. Feel free to walk in without any special preparative measures to provide blood for testing!
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tested thyroid profile does i have thyroid
- Thyroid profile test in newborn with normal values
- How to read you thyroid test
- How conclusive are thyroid antibody tests
- How to read thyroid function test results
- Can thyroid test be taken during periods
- How to read thyroid test results
- Smoking marijuana and thyroid profile test
- How to fake a thyroid test
- How long to fast before thyroid blood test