• question-icon

How is a thyroid profile test taken?

Posted on Fri, 27 May 2016 in General Health
Question: hi my mother is 55 years old. she used to have thyroid a year ago. she had medications (thyrox 25mg) for that and later based on the test taken, she was advised to stop the medications.. later every six months once we used to follow the thyroid test. now we wanted to take the throid profile test. does she have to be empty stomach in the morning to give the blood sample
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO need for fasting state!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

There is no need for any special preparations. This test can be done at anytime irrespective of whether the patient has eaten or not. The results are in no way affected and are fully valid. Feel free to walk in without any special preparative measures to provide blood for testing!

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Ivo Ditah