How does a syringe work?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
Dear Doctor .....

I have a question ... I am OCD .... and I always think the worst ... so here is my question ,... I was at our Lake XXXXXXX yesterday ,... and I stepped on a round piece of metal .... When I looked down it looked like the snap to a boat cover ...... Then my mind starts playing tricks on me .... and I start thinking.... maybe its the part of the syringe that you put your thumb on and push the fluid out of the syringe ( the top of plunger) .... Then my mind goes further and I have a panic attack .... My question is .... Is there ever a time when the end of the plunger the round end of a syringe that you use your finger to push the fluid out ..... Is that round piece Ever and I mean EVER Directly connected to the needle part of a syringe that inserts or goes into a persons arm ???? Is the Round piece ever directly connected to the needle part of a syringe ???? I just want to calm my Fears ....
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Round part directly attach to syringe

Detailed Answer:
HI
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

Syringe has two part. One tube with plunger and second needle. Plunger helps to get blood inside tube. It is directly attached to syringe, but whenever blood get entered into tube, it get stain of it. Chances of getting inside vein while taking blood or transferring blood is very less, almost possible, so there is nothing to worry about it.

In case, you have more query, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist