question-icon

How do i control my sugar level?

Posted on Wed, 5 Mar 2014
Question: Hello Doctor, I have diagnosed diabetic (Initial stage) recently post which i have totally stopped having sugar item and going regularly for walk and my question are as under 1) At present my sugar level is 200, please suggest how this can be controlled 2) Which is that food / fruit which will help to quire this or control this disease
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer: You will have to start on medicines. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Hi! you have recently been diagnosed with diabetes, and you have controlled your sugars with diet and exercise and now it is 200mg/dl. It is still high, you need to be on drugs. It can be first line drug like metformin 500 mg twice a day after meals to start with. your second query, no food will control diabetes, dietary recommendations and restrictions need to be followed. in general, all sweets, all fried and white flour products should be avoided. fruits - grapes, cheeku and mango to be avoided. Regards!
Dr. Minal Mohit

Endocrinologist