Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

How do i control my sugar level?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 762 Questions
Hello Doctor, I have diagnosed diabetic (Initial stage) recently post which i have totally stopped having sugar item and going regularly for walk and my question are as under 1) At present my sugar level is 200, please suggest how this can be controlled 2) Which is that food / fruit which will help to quire this or control this disease
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: You will have to start on medicines. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Hi! you have recently been diagnosed with diabetes, and you have controlled your sugars with diet and exercise and now it is 200mg/dl. It is still high, you need to be on drugs. It can be first line drug like metformin 500 mg twice a day after meals to start with. your second query, no food will control diabetes, dietary recommendations and restrictions need to be followed. in general, all sweets, all fried and white flour products should be avoided. fruits - grapes, cheeku and mango to be avoided. Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor