How can tight calf and leg muscles with cramps in the groin be treated?
Oral muscle relaxants will help.
-To relieve the tight muscles.
-Icing of hamstrings.
-If pain, take anti-inflammatory drugs and local gel. Oral muscle relaxants will also help.
-Stretching of hamstrings by pulling both legs towards chest with hands below knees.
Prevention of such cramps-
-Take enough calcium, Vit D and B complex vitamins.
-Do stretching for 15 minutes before you exercise.
-Use proper shoes.
-Strengthening your hamstrings.
-Get serum electrolyte levels checked.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr Praveen Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Leg cramps calf muscle during pregnancy while on lovenox
- Severe calf cramps both legs
- Cramping in calf of leg
- Leg calf cramps palpatations
- Tightness and cramps in one calf
- Deficiency symptoms cramp left calf cramp leg
- Groin tightness muscle cramp in back discomfort between legs
- Severe leg cramps night calf muscle outside lower legs suggestions
- Calf tightness cramping used muscle ointment bruising
- Leg calf cramps while sleeping