How can pregnancy be ensured in a PCOD patient during treatment with Ovaa Shield-DS?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 15 Oct 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I am 27 yrs old n trying for pregnancy. My doctor detected mild pco so she recommended ovashield D's from 3rd day of my period and it was one month course. On 8 the day I went follicular fluid test and doctor told that egg developement was started n completed my course. 16th of this month was my period date. On 17 th an 20th of this month morning I checked but it came negative. Can I be a pregnant.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:

PCOD

Detailed Answer:

You are a case of PCOD and Ovaa Shield-DS would not help.

PCOD is polycystic ovarian disease which cause increase testosterone levels in women with androgenic features and multiple small cysts in ovaries. Its one of the most common reason for irregular menses, especially oligomenorrhoea.

you have to be placed on low dose oral contraceptive with Myo-inositol supplementation with reduction in weight with exercise and diet and increasing your daily water intake .All these for 3-6 months have been advocated for treatment of PCOD.

However if you wish to conceive then you must opt for controlled ovarian stimulation with Clomiphene or FSH and then monitor your cycle for timed intercourse or an IUI, as your Gynecologist shall suggest.

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sameer Kumar, OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
But my doctor told after taking ovasheild egg developement started on 8th day.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Answered.

Detailed Answer:

Ovaa Shield has antioxidants if you shall see the contents. The ovulation is anyhow delayed in PCOD due to inability to mature on time, which is primarily due to hormonal imbalances as mentioned earlier.

In your case the best shall be ovulation induction with timed intercourse protocol, if you are keen on pregnancy and not keen on getting treated for PCOD first.

Hope this answers your question.

Dr. Sameer Kumar,
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana