How can pre diabetes be treated effectively?
1. High Fasting Glucose 107 mg/dl (Pre-diabetic?)
2. Low Vitamin D (10.0 ng/mL)
3. Prominence of bilateral perihilar bronchovascular markings are noted in chest Xray
4. Mild cardiomegali is noted
General physician who saw the report was not much worried of the above findings and suggested only D-Rise cap once a week for 6 months.
Kindly provide your inputs especially on the X-Ray findings
Life style changes are required.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
You are in to a pre diabetic state. So you need to do regular exercise and weight reduction and follow low fat and diabetic diet.
Moreover, fatty liver is also related to this.
If you are overweight, you need to take care of that.
Your Physician is not worried, because at present nothing is worrisome, but in future, all these things if not taken care may cause various complications.
His medicines are absolutely good. Start with them.
So, in all i would say:
1.Reduce your weight.
2.Avoid Fatty food in diet.
3.To consume potato, rice, oil, ghee, sweets, carbonated beverages in moderated amount only.
4. Avoid alcohol and smoking in case you do.
5. Continue medicines prescribed by your doctor.
Get your lipid profile repeated after 3 months and write back to me with reports.
Mild cardiomegaly can be normal on X-ray , but it is better if you can get an ECHO test done.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?