How can persistent cold and cough be treated?
Steam inhalation would be the mainstay of treatment.
I have gone through the details and understand your concern.
Most often such symptoms are due to a viral infection which usually also has an allergic component. Treatment is supportive and usually comprises of antiallergic medication and mucolytic. Tablet Montair LC (Monteleukast + Levocetirizine) is a prescription medicine which should help. Cetirizine is an over the counter alternative that can also be used instead.
You need to take steam inhalation. It helps in reducing the congestion. The water vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough and thus would provide relief.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat cough cold and fast breathing problem
- How to treat a week old cough and cold
- Persistent cough cold
- How to treat enlarged adenoidrecurrent cold and cough
- How is cough and cold treated in children
- How is cough cold and flu treated in children
- Persistent cough following cold
- Vegetables that treat cough and cold
- Persistent dry cough after cold
- Persistent coughing in cold weather