Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How can excessive urination be controlled?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12818 Questions
my brother was doing drugs last night (crystal meth) when he came home he was clammy and hot, and had bad diarrhea, but was not disoriented, or sickly looking. This was around 11 or 12. He got about 3 or 4 hours sleep overnight, but when he woke up he was very confused, thought his dreams were real and was hearing things things that were not there, he wouldnt go to a doctor. I looked online and it said to acidify his urine and lower his body temp. I gave him a small glass of cranberry juice and a large glass of iced water, and had him take a cool bath. He looks and feels a lot better and is no longer disoriented or clammy, but now, he cannot stop peeing. He is going every minute or two, but is having a hard time passing the urine.
Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
Having frequency of urination is a common symptom of having a urine examination done which will show pus cells and protein in the urine.
If it is actually a urinary tract infection, then you need antibiotics to treat his problem. For symptomatic relief, you need to give him plenty of fluids and do give him plenty of fresh cranberry juice.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor