How can a perineum cyst be treated?

Dr. Endri Katro

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 11 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: What type of doctor should I visit to examine a perineum cyst?
Answered by Dr. Endri Katro 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Proctologist...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking HealthcareMagic.

The right doctor to consult for a perineum cyst (perineal cyst) is a proctologist.

A proctologist is a colorectal surgeon. These doctors are more familiar with these cysts and also can diagnose and treat it easily.

Don't worry, perineal cysts are most of the times benign and can be treated easily.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to contact me.

Dr.Endri Katro

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Endri Katro 22 minutes later
thank you for your response. So can the Proctologist handle everything in there office. Or will he or she have to send me to another doctor?
Answered by Dr. Endri Katro 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
S/He will treat it

Detailed Answer:
Hi back.

The proctologist will diagnose and treat it through surgery (probably).
S/He will handle it by himself without the need of another consult.

S/He will ask to do some routine blood tests (if he decides to do a surgery to remove the cyst) but from my experience, a proctologist rarely needs another referral/consult for a perineal cyst.

Dr.Endri Katro