Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

How can Mild right renal dilated pelvicalyceal be treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12650 Questions
Corticomeduallry junction is seen. Mild right renal dilated pelvicalyceal system is seen, what is the cure?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

Corticomedullary differentiation is normally seen in renal ultrasound scan. The only abnormality is mild dilatation of pelvicalyceal system. It can be there due to a renal calculus, ureteric calculus, symptoms by bulky uterus or any uterine pathology. Treatment is according to the cause.

To find out the cause, renal or ureteric calculi can be seen on ultrasound or X-ray of KUB region.

Routine urine examination is needed to find out urinary infection.

To rule out any uterine pathology, examination by gynaecologist or ultrasound scan will be helpful.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor