Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

How are bulges on the forehead treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 170 Questions
hello doctor

i am 21 yrs old.From my child hood i have a bulging on my forehead.i have had no injuries. both left and right side of the forehead are bulged. when i met an orthopaedic he told that it could be frontal bossing
and one of the causes may be due to growth hormone.
every time i look into my face on the mirror it looks horrible.
please suggest some non surgical treatment.
Also i have fat deposition around my waist.

if there is any test that i have to take please suggest.

my height:171cms
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 22 hours later
Thanks for the query.

From what I gather, you have noticed bulging forehead since childhood, with no other skeletal deformity or any other symptom.

It can be due to a variety of reasons,including growth hormone irregularity caused by an adenoma of pitutary gland (a tumour ). But in that case it should have produced a variety of symptoms.

In my opinion you should first consult an Endocrinologist to confirm pitutary stability. If no reason is established, you may safely term this as a cosmetic deformity and consult a Cosmetic surgeon.

Since you don't want a surgical modality, I would support and respect your feelings and ask you to accept and like the way nature has created you.

I'm afraid no non- surgical modality will help you in this situation.

The fat on your waist needs diet improvisation, exercises under supervision and if redundant fat go for liposuction.

Hope this answers your query.
Thank you and have a good day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor