Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Hit my cheek hard and having a black eye. Hard lump and slight bruising. Suggest the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1337 Questions
hello i hit my cheek hard no pain black eye next morning been 2 weeks hard lump on cheek notice it has has slight bruising on bottom of lump no pain blackeye is pain on cheek will it heal on own
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. It will heal.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
The lump on your cheek is likely to be a small collection of blood that has become a solid mass shortly after your injury. This is quite common and is nothing to worry about. The concern with a blow to the cheek is a fracture. However, there would be pain if this was the case so this is unlikely to have occurred. The lump may remain for over a week and be slow to resolve but should eventually disappear completely.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor