Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

188 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Hii...I am having LDL cholesterol 179 and vitamin B12 number

Answered by
Dr. Suresh Heijebu

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 3579 Questions

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hii...I am having LDL cholesterol 179 and vitamin B12 number as 167. I was having gastric problem and doctor prescribed me PEPIBS and MEBIZ SR capsules. I took these capsules for few days and stopped. I tested again and found this result.
What medicine should I take?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cholesterol lowering agents are required

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

I can certainly understand your concern

I have worked through your attached query and reports in detail.

Your reports are suggestive of elevated blood cholesterol levels.

You require cholesterol lowering agents for atleast 3 to 6 months.

B12 can be improved with intake of dietary food stuff like egg and meat.

I generally prescribe oral medications of atorvastatin to my patients with such lab abnormalities.

Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to improve your symptoms or lab abnormalities.

Post your further questions if any
Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on