Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

High fasting blood sugar level, protein in urine. Need advice to overcome this problem

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I and my wife both are diabetic. My age is 56 yrs. My wife is 50 yrs. Our morning fasting sugar remains above 200-220 whereas two hours after lunch it remains 250-300 or sometimes 340. My wife is also having problem of protein in urine. At present we both are taking alopathy medicine GLEMER 2mg once a day in morning although the sugar level remains high. Need your valuable advise to overcome this problem. Please suggest who will guide us in this regard with regard to diet and medical advise. I am from India, Gujarat
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 53 minutes later
Hello Mr mistry
I need certain informations from you before being able to answer
Since when you are suffering from diabetes?
Do you take your medicines regularly?
Have you got your eyes checked?
What are the total medicines you are taking besides gemer?
What is latest lipid profile and kidney funtion tests report ?
Do you feel any abnormal sensations in feet?
Have you checked your cardiovascular status?
What is the height and weight of both of you?

Waiting for your reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: High fasting blood sugar level, protein in urine. Need advice to overcome this problem 21 minutes later
At this stage we do not have any eye problem. Also v both are taking GLEMER 2 mg one tablet in morning before breakfast. To control our diabetes only v need your advise for a suitable medicine which can not affect our body to other problem. I do not have any kidney problem. Report of my wife are also OK. Please suggest suitable medine to control our diabetes both fasting and after lunch. Awaiting your reply please.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Thanks for writing back
It is not possible to advise the medicines online without examination and comprehensive investigations of both of you.
Medicines to be prescribed to you depends upon
Whether you are obese or slim
Whether you have high blood pressure or not
How much proteins are there in the urine of your wife?
and so on...

The proper treatment is possible when you go to the doctor and get yourself investigated comprehensively.
My sincerest advise to you is,please don't take your sugar levels lightly and be serious about it.
Consult the doctor immediately.
Thanks and best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor