Hi, I had a missed abortion . At 11 week
My queries are:
When I have my normal periods.
Whether partial molar pregnancy is recurrent/
When I can have healthy pregnancy.
When can I get physical with my husband
What are the best treatment to get rid of this disease.
Thanks for sharing your health concern with us.
I have gone through your query and would like to answer them.
1. Return of ovulation is observed after the serum beta-hCG levels return to negligible levels. To detect, follow up studies are done regularly until negligible titers are achieved.
2. You can resume normal sexual activity 2 weeks after the dilatation and curettage. However, pregnancy should be strictly avoided for 6-12 months, at least for 6 months after the hormone titers have disappeared.
3. The possibility of recurrence after a single molar pregnancy is 1%.
4. Early detection is the best way of management in future.
Please maintain a proper diet and rest.
Hope you find this information useful. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
Thanks for writing back.
I have gone through your queries and here are your answers:
1. The hCG levels usually come down within six months. Regular monitoring is mandatory.
2. The hCG levels are considered to be persisting if - a plateau is observed during 4 values taken on 4 different days during the first month at regular intervals
-increasing values from 3 different values taken until day 21
-persisting values after 6 months.
This suggests persistent trophoblastic disease.
To determine if your hCG values are decreasing as they should, repeated testing is needed. Only then, it can be clarified. No specific normal value is available for post evacuation molar pregnancy, more so since you did not mention if it was a partial or complete mole.
3. The chance of getting cancer is only 2-3%. However, mandatory monitoring has made early detection easier and the cure rate is 90-95%.
Hope you find this information useful. Please get back if you need anything else.
Thanks for writing again.
I agree with your doctor that most women who had a molar pregnancy have normal uneventful pregnancies later on.
Follow up, as I mentioned earlier, is mandatory for 6-12 months. You can attempt conception only after the hCG levels have come down completely.
You can see an experienced gynaecologist for further management if you are not seeing anyone in person right now. Please maintain a case record for future reference.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?