Hi Doctor, My name is Jeannie. I am 65 years
My name is Jeannie. I am 65 years old and I am experiencing lower than my normal blood pressure and pulse. I have taken my blood pressure three times today - 107/49 pulse 39, 107/67 pulse 49, 106/56 pulse 44. My norm is usually on an average runs 130/76 pulse 60-65. I am presently taking 50 mg of Metoprolol, once in the am and once in pm. I have not taken my pm tablet at this time. I had my left knee replaced a month ago and have been dealing with a lot of pain. I no longer am taking any pain medication.
Adjustment of medicine dose needed
After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that as per the details provided by you tour pulse rate is quite low.
Yes you have taken a right decision to skip one dose. Now just keep monitoring your pulse rate and if it stays around 60 to 80 then don’t take the evening dose.
Also it’s highly advisable to personally consult your primary physician and discuss medication dose adjustment with him.
Also keeping into consideration your age group it’s advisable to get an echocardiogram done for evaluation of cardiac function.
Dr Bhanu Partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?