Hello and Good afternoon, My name is XXXXXXX and I
Large intestine can have microscopic parasites commonly known as amoeba
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I already reviewed the attached report.
Large intestine parasite infection is caused by a microscopic parasite commonly known as amoebas.
I recommend your brother to do a stool test and a urine test for further evaluation.
If the diagnosis is confirmed the treatment consists in Metronidazole.
It is taken three tablets a day for five to seven days.
Metronidazole tablets are a prescription only medication, so you should consult your doctor before the treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
No autoimmune disease can cause these symptoms.
Hi again dear,
I do not have information about any autoimmune disease that can cause the symptoms of your brother.
I recommend to do the examinations suggested above to confirm the diagnosis and take proper treatment.
Wishing you and your brother a good health.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?