Hello, I've been taking Testosterone for about a year and
I've been taking Testosterone for about a year and a half.
1ml Testosterone Enanthate weekly and
1mg Anastrolze + 0.5 ml HCG twice a week
This started when I got my testosterone levels checked, and I was in the low 100s. Now I am around 800. My wife and I plan to have kids soon so I had my sperm levels checked and I am well beyond normal sperm count.
I recently saw an Endocrinologist, and they recommended that I taper off testosterone so they can diagnose the root cause of my low testosterone rather than just being prescribed test as a way to get my levels up.
My concern is that this may mess with my sperm count and/or libido. And I had normal libido before taking testosterone.
Is it possible that stopping/tapering off testosterone may affect my current average to above-average sperm levels? Should I wait to stop/taper testosterone until after my wife is pregnant? I'm worried that I may mess up a good thing while tapering and cause a problem.
If I were to taper, what would a good taper plan look like? Should I cut the 1ml in half to 0.5ml for two weeks then in half again for another two weeks?
About low testosterone;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone through your concern in details.
At your age, the most common cause of low testosterone is an underactive thyroid and a high prolactin level.
Usually, it is not recommended to start treatment without excluding these pathologies, as their correction will improve testosterone level.
To decide about the other causes, you need to stop treatment (after discussing with your doctor). I would also recommend to taper it, reducing the dose by 1/4 every week.
Meanwhile, check the thyroid function and prolactin level.
You may try for kids meanwhile.
Hope the information will help. Let me know if I can assist you further...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?