question-icon

Hello I doctor at the Va hospital. I am a

Posted on Fri, 8 Mar 2019
Question: Hello I doctor at the Va hospital. I am a Veteran. I have been misdiagnosed more than once at the VA. I have noticed a lump in my neck they did ultrasound and discovered “non specific inhomogeneous soft tissue measuring 7 mm” whT does this mean? In the right side of my neck in the submandibular area. I have the full report, ultra sound images and lab tests too. My RBC, Hemoglobin is low and my Esr is high.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Nonspecific soft tissue is usually related to fibrous tissue.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I understand your concern.

I already reviewed the attached report.

They are benign and are not a matter of concern.

I recommend to do a CT scan and a biopsy for further evaluation of the mass.

High ESR can be related to an inflammation or infection at the area of pain.

Low RBC and hemoglobin can be related to a possible anemia, which requires a specific treatment.

Meanwhile, you can use anti-inflammatory medication for the pain such as Acetominophen 500 mg three tablets a day.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi