Hello Doctor, Our boy,Vedansh is now 3 years old. He

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Sun, 24 Mar 2019 in Child Health
Question: Hello Doctor, Our boy,Vedansh is now 3 years old. He gets cold frequently. This time around, he has cough and cold. He is coughing intensely for the last 2 days can you please suggest medication for this. Any remedy to prevent this problem is most welcome We vaccinate him as per the schedule and didn't miss any. We don't have a family history of sinus and related illness but he has a flat nose though
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 0 minute later
Hello Doctor, Our boy,Vedansh is now 3 years old. He gets cold frequently. This time around, he has cough and cold. He is coughing intensely for the last 2 days can you please suggest medication for this. Any remedy to prevent this problem is most welcome We vaccinate him as per the schedule and didn't miss any. We don't have a family history of sinus and related illness but he has a flat nose though
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please answer my questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Thank you for consulting here. Greetings from XXXXXXX
By what you quote I feel what your kid could be having viral associated wheeze or multi triggered wheeze. I have a few questions for you -
Questions:
1. How many days per month does your kid cough or feel breathless?
2. How many nights per month does your kid's sleep get disturbed due to above symptoms?
3. Does your kid feel breathless when running around or playing with other kids?
4. Are the symptoms when there are seasonal changes?
5. Is there any family history of asthma or any other sort of allergies like skin allergy etc.?
6. Is the cough always associated with fever?
Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Please answer my questions

Detailed Answer:
Questions:
Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 17 minutes later
Our boy doesn't experience any breathlessness. He gets cold when there is change of water or place. He always take boiled water. Any other water would trigger cold. No skin allergies or history of Ashtma. No fever when coughing. Please let me know if you need additional information from me
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on viral illness

Detailed Answer:
By what you say I feel that your kid maybe having recurrent viral illness which 99% of the times culminates in cough and cold and this viral illness could be because of change of place or change in water.

I will explain you how are viral illness pictures so that you can be more confident. But please do remember that 99% of the times the cough and cold is the end result of any viral illness.

Fever of few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness. Usually rather than fever, what is more important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day. If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on viral illness

Detailed Answer:

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 9 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. Can you also suggest a syrup or medication for his cough please?
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cough suggestions

Detailed Answer:
You can give him Syrup Phenergan 3.5ml thrice a day for 3 days. But this is a prescription drug please.
I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.
Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.
In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Brief Answer:
Cough suggestions

Detailed Answer: