Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
122 Doctors are Online

Headache during contact with artificial fragrance, perfume

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
Hi doctor I am 56 year old and my problem is I am suffering from sever headache when ever i was come in contact with any type of artifical fragrance such as perfume since last 10 years. kindly suggest me to which specialist do i XXXXXXX for my problem and if you suggest me any doctor in Delhi I will be greatful to you.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 37 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

It seems you have fragrance allergy which causes you headache.Since the allergy symptoms can only be controlled by means of avoiding the trigger which causes headache .

Medicines such as antihistamines containing cetrizine and pain killers help in controlling the symptoms.You can also use Air Purifiers.

Some individuals with allergy symptoms even have respiratory issues as Asthma so it would be a good idea to get evaluated for that also.

You can see an Allergy Specialist who can guide you further after evaluating you clinically and conducting some Lung Function and allergy tests if required.Usually Immunotherapy is given for alleviating the symptoms.

In Delhi you can visit Apollo Hospital,Sitaram Bhartia Hospital or Allergy Centre in XXXXXXX Enclave.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor