Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Head of penis and foreskin is dry, itchy with white specs. What could it be?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9579 Questions
the head of my penis and under my foreskin is dry, itchy, and gets little white specs right by the hole where i pee. it doesnt hurt when i pee but when i pull my foreskin back it burns a little but feels more raw than anything. i have multiple sex partners but always use a condom. i hope its a uti, or that i'm allergic to condoms. not anything else.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have itching of the glans penis and foreskin and getting pain while retracting your foreskin.

Have you ever tested your blood sugar levels to rule out Diabetes?

Since itching of the foreskin and glans is first presenting symptom of diabetes, get your blood sugar levels on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch done to rule out diabetes.

Itching and whitish discharge per urethra suggests that you have acquired fungal infection called as Genital Mucocutaneous Candidiasis.

Though you are using condoms while having sex with your multiple partners it is never 100% safe so there are every possibilities of getting fungal infection from your sex partners.

I usually prescribe anti fungal medication like topical anti fungal jelly for local application over glans and foreskin for a week. Oral antifungals like are also being prescribed for the condition. Get the prescription of these drugs from your family physician.

Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor