Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Having soreness on foreskin. Noticed tightness and facing problem during urination. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 454 Questions
I am 56 year old male. Few months ago soreness on the foreskin when pulling it back. Now it has become so tight that I cannot pull it back at all anymore, and even have problem with urinating without squirting all over the place
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 36 minutes later

Your description appears like phimosis. Perhaps the soreness has resulted in adhesions and the dificulty to retract foreskin over glans penis. This type of condition is best treated with circumcision.

Do not pull your foreskin too much, if you do so, this tight skin may get stucked up and forms a tight band like around your glans that causes vascular compromise and leads to a big problem known as PARAPHIMOSIS, this is a surgical emergency.

You need to consult an UROLOGIST for evaluation and surgery.

Hope this answers your query. If you need any further clarification, write back to me on follow up questions

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor