Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Having scar on leg. Suggest medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
Please find the attached image and suggest me on the good oinment
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 18 minutes later

Thanks for your query

I have seen your picture and from the picture it looks like it is quite an old scar that you are having on your leg.
We can definitely hope to have some improvement with topical medications.
You need to apply a topical lightening agent containing a combination of hydroquinone, tretinoin and steroid something like Skinlite cream or lomela cream at night only over the affected area along with a cream containing kojic acid and vitamin C combination over the lesion at night.
You can also take oral vitamin C supplementation which can further speed up the process.
Take a diet containing adequate fresh fruits(Especially vitamin C containing like citrus fruits) and vegetables.

Hope it helps

If you have any other query, please let me know
Dr Geetika Paul

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having scar on leg. Suggest medication? 18 minutes later
could you please prescrib the exact ainment name?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 minutes later

You can use Skinlite cream or Lomela cream at night along with Kojivit Cream on the morning. Also take tablet celin 500 mg twice a day for atleast two weeks.
You can safely continue the topical medications for atleast 2-3 weeks.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor