Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

154 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having pain in kidney. Urine test done. What are the findings in the report?

Answered by
Dr. G.Srinivasan


Practicing since :1991

Answered : 1414 Questions

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Question: Hello Doc, here is the query that have been closed, WWW.WWWW.WW

you said to me to check urine culture test to detect the bacteria and serum parathyroid hormone levels I have checked them
I have uploaded all the reports
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
Welcome back.
There is infection the urine and a course of antibiotics like NITROFURANTOIN or NORFLOX can be given.
I am sorry to write that i am NOT able to see the result of SERUM PARATHYROID HORMONE, which if done may give a clue to your raised levels of serum calcium levels.
Otherwise, there is nothing to worry at present.
Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
Yeah doc, but can I ever remove these stones, for all or if it is any medications to remove this raised level of calcium serum

Sometimes I have pain in my kidney

I can't live with this situations I always have to worry about what will happen with me, If there is any medications or something other to help me to remove this raised level of calcium or to remove this stones

Best Regards
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome back.
I understand your desperate situation.
Things we need to focus are
1. Removal of the existing stones- the same can be done after finding out the location of the stones by tests like CT SCAN and IVP. This will be done by a UROLOGIST.
2. Prevention of recurrence- In your case since the calcium levels are high, the cause needs to be found out. For this, the next step would be to do SERUM PARATHORMONE levels. If high, then the parathyroid glands need to be imaged and the sequence follows.
To do all this, doctors who would help are NEPHROLOGIST/ ENDOCRINOLOGIST.
In order to proceed further, kindly contact these specialists.
Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Parathyroid gland

doctor1 MD

I am 34 yrs female . i am having high levelof parathyroid hormone level at 180. and my clacium is at level 11. i have recurrent kidney stones and ostopeia. all my scans are negative. no tumor could be found. i have started having joints pains. can u suggest me the treatment.

doctor1 MD

My father is 63 and has been on dialysis for 3 years now due to ESRD. He has had a very high PTH intact level for at least 6 months now (between 800-1000) despite taking Renagel and Sensipar to try and manage it. I have been reading up on...

doctor1 MD

both upper arms, especially at night terrible muscle pain-take acetaminophens at least once per day. have been diagnosed with a growth on parathyroid . also have extreme pain in back of thighs if I try to bend over or get out of bed.

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, Two weeks ago I had a 1.2gram growth on the parathyroid removed. My surgeon told me it was 400 times the size of the average cyst on a parathyroid (30 milligrams). In Australian/ English measurement, prior to surgery, my PTH was...

doctor1 MD

HI I have had blood work done and it showed that I have elevated calcium , osteopenia , low phospahate, low vitamin d and an enlarge thyroid but normal thyroid function. I have a 5 mm nodule on right lobe and also my neck swelling flunuates. Could it be my thyroid or parathyroid as an issue? I don;t see the endo til next month but I feel so sick and miserable.

doctor1 MD

I have had a complete thyroidectomy; the parathyroid was retainded. Current level of levothyroxin is 175mcg. Friday s bloodwork: TSH = 0.01; T3 = 3.2; T4 = 1.73 B12 = 560 (1ml B12 every 3 weeksd, IM) Chronic fatigue; Fight to maintain 200 punds (5 foot tall) on 800 calories/day. Appointment with Primary in one month. Any suggestions?

doctor1 MD

I had a parathyroid adenoma removed 2 weeks ago today. Serum calcium and Vitamin D are in normal range as of 2/15 bloodwork, but my tsh which was previously normal is now 0.09. Is my thyroid just cranky from the surgery? What else could cause that big of a fluctuation?