Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Having pain from knee after a bike accident. Can it be cured with treatment?

Jul 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 2148 Questions
my brother effected with small bike accident. onwards pain is coming from knee. we have checked up with doctor . i have report and xray soft copies. i need a clarity for this problem surgery is required / can be cured with treatment. please suggest me.
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He definitely needs surgery.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

I have gone through the reports. As per the scan report, there is complete tear of the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) attachment along with tear in the posterior horn of Lateral meniscus. Both these injuries are clinically significant and needs to be addressed by surgical management.

As your brother is of very young age (only 25 years), surgery is definitely indicated. If both the problems are not addressed properly, it may lead to severe degenerative arthritis (damage to the XXXXXXX surfaces of the joint) in the near future.

ARTHROSCOPIC ACL RECONSTRUCTION is the treatment of choice in your brother's case and the Meniscal tear will also be addressed in the same sitting without any need for second operation.

So, I suggest you to consult a good Arthroscopic surgeon in your area having adequate exposure and experience in dealing with ACL reconstruction surgeries.

Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain from knee after a bike accident. Can it be cured with treatment? 11 minutes later
can you suggest good Arthroscopic surgeon in andhra pradesh - hyderabad , vijayawada , rajahmundry, vishakapattanam.

please sir.
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please find the details.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Nice to hear from you.

I know a few Arthroscopic surgeons in Hyderabad. Details as under

- Dr.JVS XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Kamineni hospitals is vastly experienced and is one of the top leading Arthroscopic surgeons in India

- Dr. Raghuveer XXXXXXX SISA institute, Erramanzil colony, behind NIMS, Punjagutta ,Hyderabad is also a good Sports medicine specialist having expertise in Arthroscopic surgeries.

Also, there will be many Arthroscopic surgeons in all the CORPORATE HOSPITALS in all major cities. So, the choice to visit a particular surgeon solely depends on you.

Good day
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor