Having lot of pain in hands, knees and bottom of feet. Any treatment?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: paini have alot of pain in my hands. in my knees and the bottom of my feet. its worse when i wake up in the mornings.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

These symptoms arise suspicion of autoimmune arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis.Involvement of multiple joints particularly hand joints and more sever symptoms in the morning described as morning stiffness is also common with RA.

Ideal next step would be to get a clinical evaluation done by rheumatologist. Doctor is likely to suggest investigations like xrays, RA factor and few more blood tests.Once this confirms diagnosis, an appropriate treatment can be suggested.

It's always advisable to get such conditions checked sooner.

Hope this answers your question.Please feel free to ask if there are doubts.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir 4 minutes later
is there anything i can take for the pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 minutes later
You can take regular oral painkillers(NSAIDs), these are generally first line of treatment in such cases.

Regards.