Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Having kidney stone problems. Is there any permanent way to get rid of them?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 561 Questions
i am having kidney stones time and again. i have gone through surgery 3 times. recently a stone of 8mm has passed away, still suffering from pain of 4 stones in my kidneys .what to do?
is there any way to get rid of it permanently. one of the stones i got tested was found to be 70% calcium oxalate and phosphate...what are dos and donts
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 44 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Treatment modality and it's effect depends on size of stone and symptoms. If stone is causing obstruction to urine then it needs operation. If stone is In kidney tissue and non obstructing then it is not operated.
Could you mention size of stones in both kidneys. Only thing you can do is that drink plenty of water. It decreases the chances of stone formation. You can take analgesics tablets when In pain .
If stone are forming re currently then underlying cause must be find out. So please mention sizes and recurrent formation of stone.

Looking forward for your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor