Owl Image

Having headache, anxiety, feeling nauseous and dizziness. Could it be brain tumor?

Question
I have head headaches for the last five weeks everyday and anxiety because I keep thinking its a brain tumor and lately I have been feeling noushas and dizzy my memory has been bad for awhile hard to tell if its getting worse and I constantly feel like my head is twitching a little hard to concentrating , all these symptoms have been with me for almost a year except the headaches they started five weeks ago
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Brain Tumor

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is not easy to conclude or exclude any particular diagnosis from your description.

Anxiety can cause headache / headache can cause anxiety – it is a vicious cycle. [Probably anxiety could account for the whole picture – but it should be an exclusion diagnosis]
Nausea could be from dizziness / dizziness primarily points to the ear as the cause. [There are other causes like blood pressure, anaemia and so on]

As a general rule, symptoms lasting more than a month must be investigated.

You should seek Neurological consultation.
The best solution in this situation is to have MRI (and/or MRA) for the brain.
That is the only and sure way to exclude tumour.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck