Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Having frequent recurrent irritation under the head of penis foreskin. What is your opinion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 254 Questions
Hello Doc,
I am concerned about a frequent recurrent irritation under the head of my penis on the
foreskin that begins with a small amount of itching then a cluster of 4-5 raised 1-3mm bumps develop. These bumps are irritated with touch or sexual contact, then subside. This is the third episode of this I have experienced. The first episode I noticed a skin tear after sex then these bumps appeared with slight femoral lymph node swelling. I had a doc assess the first episode of this and he placed me on Doxycycline 14 days and termed the break in skin as friction rub after sex. He said to apply lotrimin cream for the itching. It worked. Lymph node subsided and cream helped. However this phenomenon returns. What is your opinion??
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 8 hours later
Thanks for posting your query
Your symptoms are suggestive of herpes type ii
You please get antibodies done
Try aciclovir ointment five times a day for five days during next episode
Herpes will vanish slowly over a number of years
Use condom during episodes to protect your partner
Good day
Prasad pvs
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having frequent recurrent irritation under the head of penis foreskin. What is your opinion? 2 hours later
Thanks for the reply doctor. So this is more than friction rub in your opinion. To confirm a test for antibodies has to b done?? I read herpes symptoms and the underlying skin not red, the bumps dont appear to b draining, and when they disappear they do not crust over. They just heal. There is definitely some irritation at the onset of the episode in the near same region. What kind of blood test do I need to ask the doctor to perform?? Thank You.
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 19 hours later
Herpes may be a possibility
Atypical cases do occur in medicine
I suggest you may undergo antibodies to herpes simplex type r which confirms the diagnosis.
If so you may cosult ur dr during next episode
Frictio sores do not recur
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor