Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Having cold all over the year. Have sinus problem from childhood. How to reduce it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
i have cold problem, it is affecting me whole year, how to reduce it?
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

Looking into your problem , you are likely suffering from allergic rhinitis complicated with chronic sinusitis . It is a very difficult condition to treat as the patient may not show improvement despite therapy . In this condition it is very important to avoid the trigger causing allergy in your case as you mention it is dust problem but other allergic triggers need to be sought for.

I advise you to consult an immunologist and get your allergy testing done to find out other agents also . As we need to find out the cause as its elimination will cure this problem.

Till then avoid dust as far as possible. Cover your face while going in dusty or congested places . Try Yoga and respiratory exercises.Till then you can continue with your prescribed medicines You can also consider consulting an ENT specialist for evaluation of chronic sinusitis and to exclude Deviated Nasal septum.

Hope it suffices.

Take care.

Dr Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor