Having cavity, get severe toothache during winter. Do I need to operate or do capping?

Dr. Qazi Ammara

Dentist

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Question: I have a cavity in my lower jaw left side 3rd to back tooth & one at upper jaw left side. In winter months I get severe toothache and have never visited a dentist. I brush once daily with Pepsodent/Closeup using brush. Do I need to operate to pick up the teeth or do capping or just ignore?
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Root canal treatment is required. Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum, According to your clinical symptoms i suppose that you have cavities in your upper and lower tooth which is having a severe toothache this condition cannot be ignored and requires a treatment immediately. I would like to tell you that tooth pain indicates infection of tooth, such type of infected tooth needs to be treated with a root canal treatment to save it permanently. I would encourage you to visit to a Dentist. Get an x-ray done of the upper and lower tooth. Root canal treatment is a procedure which is performed under local anesthesia so there is no need to worry. A crown can be placed over the treated tooth. You can start with a course of antibiotics and analgesics under the prescription of your Dentist. I would suggest you to brush your teeth twice daily. Use antiseptic mouthwash gargles. Maintain a good oral hygiene. Hope you find this as informative and helpful, Regards, Dr Qazi Ammara.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj