Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Have tooth ache

User rating for this question
Answered by

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 176 Questions
tooth ack
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 40 minutes later
Thanks for posting at XXXXXXX

Tooth ache ie: pain in the tooth, can be due to various reasons, most common being:
-Caries (bacteria) in the tooth causing cavity
-food lodgement in a cavity on a single tooth or in between two teeth
-Fracture of tooth
-Sensitivity in tooth due to erosion of enamel due to either acidity or else extremely hard tooth brushing

You must visit your dentist if you are suffering from tooth ache as he may take an Xray for the aching tooth and after clinically examining your teeth and oral cavity, he will do the needful.
If you feel that food gets stuck in the tooth or in between teeth or if the dentist finds caries or cavity in the aforementioned tooth then you need to get the cavity cleaned and then filled accordingly.

Sensitivity due to loss of enamel surface can be treated by either using desensitizing pastes or dentinal blocking agents placed on the area by your dentist.

If you have any more queries i will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor