Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have tendinitis in wrist. Hurts to touch. What should I do to stop the pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10442 Questions
hi my name is XXXXXXX i think i have tendinitis in my right wrist it hurts when i touch it it hurts really bad I can't sleep cause of it I no I didn't hurt my wrist but I do no I woke up with my wrist hurting me real bad so what should i do about this ???
also can I take anything to stop the pain in my wrist
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 15 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Tendonitis of the wrist joint is a common problem.
You need to give your wrist joint some rest for a while, use hot fomentation twice a day and local ointment like Volini gel for pain relief. Avoid gripping and lifting objects altogether. Keep it in most comfortable position or use a splint/crepe bandage most of the time (including at night) for best results. Watch for worsening of symptoms like increase in pain, appearance of swelling and tingling numbness in fingers. If you get any of these, visit your physician and get a check up done followed by investigations like X XXXXXXX or MRI.

It looks like it will resolve on its own in a couple of days. You can take a mild analgesic like Ibuprofen 600mg every 8 hourly for pain relief.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have tendinitis in wrist. Hurts to touch. What should I do to stop the pain? 10 minutes later
thank u so much for your help answering my question I really appreciate it Dr Tayal thank u again
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again through my profile URL
If you have no more questions, please close the discussion and rate the answer.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor