Have tendinitis in wrist. Hurts to touch. What should I do to stop the pain?
i think i have tendinitis in my right wrist it hurts when i touch it it hurts really bad I can't sleep cause of it I no I didn't hurt my wrist but I do no I woke up with my wrist hurting me real bad so what should i do about this ???
also can I take anything to stop the pain in my wrist
Thanks for posting your query.
Tendonitis of the wrist joint is a common problem.
You need to give your wrist joint some rest for a while, use hot fomentation twice a day and local ointment like Volini gel for pain relief. Avoid gripping and lifting objects altogether. Keep it in most comfortable position or use a splint/crepe bandage most of the time (including at night) for best results. Watch for worsening of symptoms like increase in pain, appearance of swelling and tingling numbness in fingers. If you get any of these, visit your physician and get a check up done followed by investigations like X XXXXXXX or MRI.
It looks like it will resolve on its own in a couple of days. You can take a mild analgesic like Ibuprofen 600mg every 8 hourly for pain relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
If you have no more questions, please close the discussion and rate the answer.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Popliteal tendinitis and night pain
- Hashimoto's and tendinitis
- Tendinitis pain ka upchar
- Elbow pain software engineer tendinitis rest immobilization nsaids
- Can i take all day pain relief for achilles tendinitis ?
- Can pain in the forearm be tendinitis
- What is vaginal tendinitis
- Tendinitis in diaphragm
- Touch pad tendinitis
- Can flanax pain reliever cure achilles tendinitis ?
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?