Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Have sore bottom gums inside of the bottom teeth, tenderness under jaw. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1957 Questions
I Have sore bottom gums on the inside of the the front bottom teeth not sure if gland is involved feel tender under my jaw left side
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 49 minutes later
Hello there,

According to the clinical history provided by you, I would like to tell you that soreness in the gum can be
- due to inflammation of gums known as Gingivitis
- localised periodontitis,
- it can also be from infected bottom front tooth spreading its infection to the surrounding tissue, or
- can be a salivary gland swelling.

Exact diagnosis & treatment can be made on visual and radiological examination.
I would suggest you to visit a Dentist and get a thorough examination done.
You would require OPG radiograph to confirm the diagnosis.

I would advise you to follow a few instructions in order to relief pain ;

-Go for symptomatic treatment of full mouth scaling and polishing.
-Take warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day.
-Use betadine mouthwash once a day.

Hope this answered your query. If you have any other queries, I will be glad to answer.

Take care!
Dr Qazi.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor