Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have small sized eggs. How can I conceive?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I have small-size eggs ,how can I conceive?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.
Ovaries will have ovarian follicles.
These will release ovum. And ovum will get fertilized to form fetus.
Can you please clarify whether you are mentioning about ovaries or ovarian follicles.
So that I can guide better.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have small sized eggs. How can I conceive? 24 minutes later
Dear Doctor, the egg size is the issue-meaning if egg size is "small"" ,will I be able to conceive ? will injections or potents help or ivf/WHAT IS LIKELY TO HELP WITH CONCEPTION IF EGG SIZE IS UNDER "NORMAL""?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
According to your description I am thinking that you are having small ovarian follicles or eggs.
Some women may have problem in development of ovarian follicles.
Usually these condition can be treated by treating the cause.
You can consult gynecologist on your first day of your periods, to get tablets for ovulation induction.
After that she may give HMG injections to you on around 6th and 7th days, which will help in increasing the size of the ovarian follicle.
After that you may need HCG injection for rupture of the follicle.
If other parameters like tubal patency, seminal analysis of the husband etc. are normal, you can conceive naturally or by Intrauterine insemination.
If there are any other associated problems your doctor may advice IVF to you.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor