Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

149 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have severe headache with difficulty in vision. What is the disease?

Answered by
Dr. Sundar Gnanavel


Practicing since :2009

Answered : 632 Questions

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I was sleeping. It felt like I was sinking in my head. I woke up had a hard time focusing my eyesight. My sight was running like a broken TV for a few seconds. Then I was able to focused and I had a steady sight. Has happened once before May be six to ten months ago.
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Thanks for your concern. I can understand your concern with the above incident. To tell you frankly you should not be worried about a single episode of blurring of vision. Multiple such episodes would point towards migraine headache/ XXXXXXX of seizure disorder which is unlikely to start at this age or transient ischaemic attacks which is a mild form of stroke. Ocular pathology like vasoconstriction (narrowing of vessels) may also lead to similar symptoms. However, unless a similar attack repeats again, i would suggest you not to worry at all. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Vasoconstriction

doctor1 MD

I am taking Losartan-HCTZ 50-12.5 mg. Is it safe to take Massive Testo- a testosterone booster?

doctor1 MD

My feet have started feeling hot and mild tingling from time to time, notice it most when sitting, also slight tingling in hands when sitting. no loss of sleep just started the first of this week.

doctor1 MD

Hi, i posted this online and got a reply from a cardiologist please see below then my question for you please Hi, Ive been feeling run down for a few weeks and don t seem to picking up, Its not uncommon for me to feel run down see medical history,...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I'm a student at a Belgian university and I kind of ran out of time to finish learning my exam. So someone here in the studenthome gave me a mix of herbal extracts an caffeïne for the night. I think this was not the case, I've had tachycardia + increased heartrate all night long, also my limbs are a bit cold and numb, due to vasoconstriction (also blue knees and weird skin colour) My roommate told me I was probably given mephedrone! and actually I think he's right, it matches all the symptoms. My exam is tomorrow morning, I recieved the "booster" yesterday around 9pm. Can't fully concentrate and also I'm quite "amped up" if that's the correct word. I know I've been stupid but is there anything I can do about it, I've tried eating chocolate for the vasoconstriction, but eating is hard. I'm 21 years old, weigh 85kg and 175cm. I'm actually a dentistry student, and I know it's not lifethreatening at the moment, but I just want to be able to focus asap. Thanks in advance!

doctor1 MD

Hi there. This past three years I have experienced what I can only describe as a mild weakness in my right leg during cold weather. This does not happen in warmer weather. I run and exercise five times a week and when I get this feeling I usually go out for a jog or a walk and then I m fine again. I have dreadful circulation and severe raynaulds syndrome. I have no other symptoms: tingling, imbalance, etc. I m very worried it might be neurological. I went to my GP who made an appointment with a cardiologist. I will be going there in a few weeks. Any ideas?