Have severe headache with difficulty in vision. What is the disease?

Dr. Sundar Gnanavel

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I was sleeping. It felt like I was sinking in my head. I woke up had a hard time focusing my eyesight. My sight was running like a broken TV for a few seconds. Then I was able to focused and I had a steady sight. Has happened once before May be six to ten months ago.
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for your concern. I can understand your concern with the above incident. To tell you frankly you should not be worried about a single episode of blurring of vision. Multiple such episodes would point towards migraine headache/ XXXXXXX of seizure disorder which is unlikely to start at this age or transient ischaemic attacks which is a mild form of stroke. Ocular pathology like vasoconstriction (narrowing of vessels) may also lead to similar symptoms. However, unless a similar attack repeats again, i would suggest you not to worry at all. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar
Neuro-psychiatrist